Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Russian Chicken

If you are one of my cooking blog followers you are probably wondering why this is not a cookie recipe.  Well after making another recipe from the book this week and being completely disappointed I have decided to begin posting my own recipes.  I must have made all the good cookie recipes already from the previous book and trust me there seem to be no more.  With all that said, here is something I made this week that we had for dinner--real food to really get your husband in the kitchen--

Russian Chicken

For chicken--1/2 cup Russian Salad Dressing (I have used Catalina-can use fat free also)
                     6 oz (3/4cup) apricot preserves
                     1 package dry onion soup mix
                     1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste, I like more than than)
                     4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix together the salad dressing, preserves, soup mix. Place chicken breasts in a square baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Sprinkle garlic powder over top of breasts.  Pour preserve mixture over chicken.  Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

For Noodles

1-5oz package wide egg noodles, boiled and drained
1 10 3/4 cup cream of chicken soup
1 2oz jar pimentoes drained
1 cup chopped red or yellow pepper
1/2 cup chopped chives or onion (I prefer the taste of chives)
1 cup colby cheese (melts better than cheddar)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup bread crumbs

With the boiled noodles combine all ingredients except bread crumbs.  Place in a sprayed casserole dish.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.  Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees.

Sidenote--I always spray my dished with non stick spray even if it says not to, I do not like scraping stuck food off my dishes.  Also I will use fat free, 2 % options when I can-I have generally found no change in taste when I have done that.  The recipes I post are the ones that I have been saving and finding for years.  I have been collecting recipes since I was a young girl babysitting at people's houses-I would look through their magazines and write the recipes down-this has been a 30 plus year pattern.  I always make the food exactly like the recipe says the first time--after that if I like it I change it up--vere few recipes in my collection are the original-I have made them my own.  With that--enjoy this dish and will post more as they come-Have a great 4th of July! Lisa

Combine

No comments:

Post a Comment