Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cappuccino Crinkles #16

Cappuccino Crinkles from Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Cookies Periodical 2010

These are really good, I didn't know if I would care for them since they use yogurt in place of oil but to my delight there was no way of telling at all once baked.

1/3 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon instant coffee crystals
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/3 cup vanilla low fat yogurt (I used fat free)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, cocoa powder, coffee crystals, baking soda and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg whites and yogurt until combined. Add flour and beat until combined.

Place granulated sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls into sugar to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (again, I lined mine with parchment paper-it just protects my pans and keeps cookies from sticking)

Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to wire rack, cool. Makes about 32 cookies--I got 36 out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment